Reconomy UK Ltd
Industry: Waste Management
Reconomy is the UK's market leader in outsourced waste management and recycling services. Their nationwide operations extend to every business sector, helping thousands of companies and other organisations to recycle, process or otherwise dispose of every category of waste in a responsible, eco-friendly and cost-efficient manner.
I was involved right from the ‘get go’ with Reconomy; from the implementation of the Chorus application suite to the present day. My role these days tends to be development driven where I am generally their first point of contact for any software changes or enhancements.
Reconomy work within an industry where they need to adapt quickly to new legislation surrounding the handling and auditing of waste disposal and as such I also need to react quickly to meet their needs.
- Development of an industry specific contract management system, capturing details from the first point of contact right through to the management and billing of services.
- Integration with the cloud based Salesforce system, allowing contracts to be created in Salesforce that then flow through to the contract management system with any updates flowing back to Salesforce.
- Integration with the web based SagePay payment gateway.
- API and Web Service integration with their Customer Portal website, allowing services to be created and updated within the Contract Management System.
- A custom client billing system enhanced to drive out new efficiencies within their business processes. A significant system has been designed and developed that allows for extremely flexible and fast selection of services for billing and caters for both automatic and manual billing.
- Generation of XML invoices and Purchase Orders.
- Integration between Chorus and the PacSol document management system.